Sydney in the rain – The Morrison top winter activities
Winter has hit with a vengeance this week, so to help ensure your time in CBD is not completely washed out, we’ve come up with our hot tips to stay dry and make the most of this rainy weather..
1. Check out the latest exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW. A short stroll away from the action of Circular Quay, the Art Gallery is one of the most beautiful buildings in Sydney, and best of all entry is free! Don’t miss The Photograph and Australia, exploring how images helped shape who we are. www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/
2. Take in the stained glass beauty that is the Queen Victoria Building. Just a short stroll up George Street from The Morrison, this building was completed in 1898 and replaced the markets that were originally on the site. The best part is you can still do a spot of shopping while you’re there! www.qvb.com.au/
3. Take in the latest production at the Sydney Theatre Company. Head in the other direction into The Rocks and visit the venue that has helped launch many careers including Mel Gibson, Geoffrey Rush and Rose Byrne. Hugo Weaving is currently performing there in ‘Endgame’. www.sydneytheatre.com.au/
4. Tour the famous Sydney Opera House. As architecturally beautiful inside as it is out, take shelter exploring this unique venue on a guided tour. Run daily until 5pm this is definitely one to add to the bucket list. www.sydneyoperahouse.com/
5. Take refuge with us in the cozy Oyster Bar at The Morrison. Bathed in a soft, warm light, enjoy the comfort food on the menu matched with a warming glass of red, whilst watching the world go by outside.. www.themorrison.com.au